Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas

Why Me?


I know hell, in all it's agonizing glory
I see sinners scoffing at laws made for ignoring
I've come a long way to throw myself into the fire
I've told so much truth, even though I will always be a liar

I put my soul on the line
I never panicked as I was running out of time
There will be no vengeance from me
Guilt is a punishment only too fitting

Traversing through lands darker than dark
Hearing evil things making their mark
After all these days and everything left in between
Why do I still ask myself, Why Me?


The Sound of a Tear Falling


The sound of tears falling
Cloaked by the rain's calling
The sorrow traveling down your cheek
With each sob you grow weak

How long until you regain control?
The loneliness is always so cold
You could never ask for help
You play the hand you've been dealt

Before the storm recedes
Before the wounds cease to bleed
You've resolved to save yourself
Even though you're already in hell


A Body Count


How many have to die
Before blood covers the midnight sky
Why must thousands be lost
For one dictators cause

All throughout our tragic history
Evil has hid behind false benevolency
Always the same, always too late
It is to no avail, we've created our own hell

In the ambitions of a select few
Domination, power, and death will brew
We have no one to blame but ourselves
The consequences of our ignorance will soon be felt

Change


I wish I could change who I am
You asked where I would begin
I would make myself just a little more content
Bringing happiness wherever I went

I would give meaning to my emptiness
I would pretend as if I had never sinned
I could imagine I had never lost a thing
As if I still had my wings

Such pointless idiocy it would be
Inadvertently realizing the futility
The pain has made me who I am
I wouldn't change a thing

You Always Know

You always know when the one you love would hurt you
When their insecurities would cause them to desert you
It's nothing that you see, rather something that you sense
Like watching helplessly from the other side of the fence.

To whom do I sing for sorrow?
Shall I forgive this on the morrow?
As I did stand idly by
Across the distance I still felt that knife

No, the details are not yet clear
I still have the truth to fear
Would you pelt me with blatant lies?
Or evoke sympathy with the false tears you cry

You pretend to shoulder the blame
You say you made a simple mistake
The decision was yours all the same
It was you and only you, never me darling and certainly not fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment